走遍美国教学视频5:The Blind Date ACT II 实用英语
文章作者 100test 发表时间 2009:08:29 13:08:56
来源 100Test.Com百考试题网
走遍美国教学视频5:The Blind Date ACT II
ACT II
Excuse me. Is this seat taken? 对不起,请问这个座位有人吗?
No, it’s not taken. 没,没人坐。
Oh, thank you. 啊,谢谢。
Oh, let me help you with this. 来,我帮你放。
Oh, thank you. 谢谢你。
Do you want to sit by the window? 想靠窗坐吗?
No, no, no. I like the aisle seat better. 不,不,不。我喜欢坐在靠过道的地方。
Please, you sit by the window. 你请靠窗坐。
My name is Stewart... Malcolm Stewart. 我姓Stewart……Malcolm Stewart。
Pleased to meet you. 很高兴遇见你。
I’m Elsa Tobin. How do you do? 我叫Elsa Tobin,你好。
Do you live in New York? 你住在纽约吗?
No, no. I’m from Florida. 不,我是从佛罗里达来的。
I am, too. But didn’t you just get on? 我也是。可是,你不是刚上车的吗?
No, no. I just changed my seat. 不,不。我仅仅换了一下座位。
A man next to me was smoking, 我旁边的那位男的吸烟,
and smoke really bothers me. 烟味我受不了。
Where are you from in Florida? 你从佛罗里达什么地方来?
Titusville. It’s near Orlando. Titusville ,就在Orlando附近。
Small world. I’m from Titusville, too. 世界真小。我也是从Titusville来的。
Really? What part? 真的么?什么地方?
My husband and I live near Spaceport. 我和我丈夫住在Spaceport附近。
I know that area. 我知道那地方。
My house is only a few miles from Spaceport. 我的家离Spaceport只有几里路。
Do you still live there? 你还住在那儿?
Oh yes, yes. My husband’s there now. 哦,对,对。我丈夫现在就在那儿。
He couldn’t take time off to come to New York with me. 他走不开,没时间和我一起来纽约。
Do you still live there? 你现在还住那儿?
No. I sold the house and the furniture, 不。我把房子家俱都卖了,
put a few personal things in an old trunk, 剩下一些个人东西放进一个旧衣箱,
and shipped it to my children in New York. 运到我孩子那儿去了,他们住在纽约。
That’s my destination. 那是我的目的地。
Are you married? 你有家室吗?
My wife died four years ago. 我妻子四年前去世了。
She was a wonderful woman. A real friend. 她是个很好的女人。一个真正的朋友。
I’m sorry. Really, I’m sorry. 对不起,真的,我感到难过。
Lots of wonderful memories. 许多美好的回忆。
We were married almost fifty years. 我们结婚将近五十年。
Well, forty-seven, to be exact. 准确的说,是四十七年。
John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month. 下个月,John和我将庆祝我们的结婚四十周年纪念日。
Oh, congratulations! That’s nice. 啊,恭喜你们!太好了。