你的机会来了的表达
文章作者 100test 发表时间 2007:03:10 13:18:34
来源 100Test.Com百考试题网
Don: The lady told me to thank you, Herbert.
唐: 那位小姐要我谢谢你呢,赫伯特。
Herbert: So?
赫伯特: 所以咧?
Don: So, here s your 1) chance.
唐: 所以,你的机会来了。
Herbert: She s just being 2) polite. She doesn t want to hurt my feelings.
赫伯特: 她只是客气。她不想伤害我的感情。
Don: She accepted your drink. That means she 3) invites you to talk to her.
唐: 她接受了你的饮料。那表示她邀你去跟她说话。
Herbert: No, she s too pretty. I m not in her 4) league.
赫伯特: 不,她太漂亮了。我配不上她。
Don: Don t blow it, Herbert! Get over there!
唐: 你别搞砸了,赫伯特。赶快过去吧!
语言详解
A: Did you do the laundry yet?
你洗衣服了吗?
B: No. I haven t had a chance to do it.
还没,我还没找到机会。
「to hurt someone s feelings 伤(某人的)心,伤(某人的)感情」
让人觉得难堪、悲伤、沮丧、自卑等负面的情绪,就是to hurt someone s feelings.
A: You hurt my feelings when you said that.
你那样说伤了我的心。
B: I m sorry. You misunderstood me.
对不起。你误会我了。
「to be in someone s league 配得上(某人),跟(某人)属于同一类」
若要表示“配不上” 、“不同属一类” ,除了把be改成be not,也可以说to be out of someone s league.
A: Look at the new girl! She s definitely my type.
你看那个新来的女生!她绝对是我要的型。
B: Keep dreaming. She s out of your league.
继续做梦吧,她不是你配得上的。
1) chance (n.) 机会
2) polite (a.) 客气的,礼貌的
3) invite (v.) 邀请
4) league (n.) 同一伙人,团体