我在冒冷汗的表达法
文章作者 100test 发表时间 2007:03:10 13:18:36
来源 100Test.Com百考试题网
Don: Herb, why are you still sitting here?
唐:赫伯特,你怎么还坐在这边?
Herbert: I m too 1) nervous. Look! 2) I m in a cold sweat!
赫伯特: 我太紧张了。你看!我在冒冷汗。
Don:It s OK to be nervous. It s only 3) natural!
唐:紧张没有关系。这是正常的。
Herbert: You d be nervous, too.
赫伯特: 换做是你也会紧张?
Don: Me, nervous? Never. But most people would be.
唐: 我,紧张?从来不会。但大多数人都会。
Herbert: I just don t want 4) to make a fool of myself.
赫伯特: 我不想让自己看起来像个傻子。
Don: Think of something fast, Herb. She might leave soon.
唐:快想办法啊,赫伯特。她可能快走了。
语言详解
A: It s your turn! Spin the wheel!
该你了!快转轮!
B: Gambling always makes me so nervous!
赌博总是让我紧张兮兮!
「It s OK to be…… (发生什么事)没关系」
It s only natural. 这是很自然的反应。
You ll do fine. 你会没事的。
以上是经常用来劝别人放轻松的三句话,当你看到有人要去做一件事,却又不敢时,就可以用这些话鼓舞他。
1) nervous (a.) 焦虑的,紧张的
2) to be in a cold sweat 冒冷汗
3) natural (a.) 自然的
4) to make a fool of myself 让自己显得愚蠢